The Community Leadership Summit 2014 brings together community leaders, organizers and managers and the projects and organizations that are interested in growing and empowering a strong community.
The event pulls together the leading minds in community management, relations and online collaboration to discuss, debate and continue to refine the art of building an effective and capable community.
At the heart of Community Leadership Summit 2014 is an open unconference-style event in which everyone who attends is welcome to lead and contribute sessions on any topic that is relevant. These sessions are very much discussion sessions: the participants can interact directly, offer thoughts and experience, and share ideas and questions. These unconference sessions are also augmented with a series of presentations from leaders in the field, panel debates and networking opportunities.
The Community Leadership Summit 2014 offers a range of opportunities for attendees, particularly those who are looking to grow, energize and inspire a community as part of their organization, project or department. These opportunities include:
- Taming The Science – with the Community Leadership Summit 2014 being the first event of its kind, it offers an excellent opportunity for practitioners of community management, organization and leadership to come together to compare notes, share knowledge and experience and help find patterns in this complex and often mis-understood science.
- Meet Leading Minds – many of the leading minds in community management, leadership and online collaboration will be together in the same room to discuss and share ideas together.
- Build Skills and Knowledge – the open summit nature of the event means that a diverse and wide-ranging set of topics will be discussed, debated and explored. You set the agenda.
- Scheduled Talks – to compliment the open nature of the event, a selection of scheduled presentations will be timetabled to add more content and topics. These presentations will be confirmed closer to the event itself.
- Diverse Participation – we are already aware of a diverse range of participants from different fields, backgrounds and experience who will be joining us at the summit. This diversity is sure to help provide a new perspective on community and how to grow and refine it.
- Socialize – the summit is an excellent opportunity to socialize and build lasting relationships with other members of the field and just have a lot of fun!
The event is entirely free but requires pre-registration. Go and REGISTER HERE
About The Organization Team
The Community Leadership Summit was conceived back in 2009 by Jono Bacon, who is currently the Senior Director of Community at XPRIZE, former community manager for the global Ubuntu community, and author of The Art of Community by O’Reilly. He has organized it each year since then. He put together the summit as a first step in helping community managers and leaders to define and refine their work, share knowledge and make connections in a vendor neutral way.
Since then he has been joined by a team of organizers including Dave Nielson (active in the CloudCamp community), Van Riper (organizer of the CLS-West and active Google community manager), Marsee Henon (community manager and liaison for O’Reilly), Nate DiNiro, Benjamin Kerensa, and others.